At the MAC, we aspire to be a practice where as a team, we make
a positive impact on pet health care in hospitals, kennels, communities, and the field of veterinary medicine. We believe in hiring people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and
cultures. We strive to deliver to the highest quality of care for all fur babies. We would love to have you
join our team!
Our current career opportunities are listed below. To
apply, please click the link below or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MAC Animal Careers
We are looking for a Veterinary Assistant to care for animals
and support Veterinarians. You’ll play an important role in bringing comfort to our furry patients and ensuring the smooth running of our facility. One of the most important Veterinary Assistant
responsibilities is to ensure all areas are clean, for animals and humans alike. We’ll rely on you to assist the Veterinarian in examinations and operations. Do you love animals? Then you’re halfway
there. You need the ability to care for them properly – that’s one of the most important Vet Assistant job requirements. This includes knowledge of routine tasks, like feeding or bathing animals, but
also readiness to care for injured or scared animals that might occasionally lash out. If you’re organized, quick on your feet and have the stomach to help with medical operations and euthanasia,
we’d like to meet you.
- Feed, groom and weigh animals
- Clean cages and bathe animals
- Sterilize equipment and clean examination tables and rooms
- Restrain animals during examinations or vaccinations
- Soothe upset or frightened animals
- Administer medication prescribed by Veterinarians (e.g. by mixing it with food)
- Observe animal behavior or health condition and report to the Vet
- Help in cases of emergencies
- Handle administrative duties such as scheduling appointments or calling patients in the examination room by priority
- Keep accurate records and logs
- Reassure clients that their pets are being cared for and explain issues (e.g. lack of appointments, insurance matters)
- Advise pet owners on nutrition and healthcare
- Proven experience as a Veterinary
Assistant or similar position working with animals
- Current or former pet ownership is
- Excellent communication
- Patient and caring
- Ability to follow instructions
- Comfortable being around animals
(cats and dogs)
- Ability to meet the physical
demands of the job (e.g. lift up to 60 lbs)
- Availability to occasionally work
- High school diploma; a certificate
from a Veterinary Assistant program is a plus
The MAC Animal Hospital in Calera, Alabama is looking for a motivated associate veterinarian
for a growing practice. We are currently searching for a Full or Part time Veterinarian to join our family. We are committed to providing the best in small animal care for our clients and
their pets, while offering reasonably-priced comprehensive medical, surgical and dental care.
We are a small animal practice that mainly serves canines and felines. We are located in
Calera, Alabama which is a very family-oriented city, and is one of the fastest growing cities in Alabama. Additionally, we are a short 30-minute drive from Birmingham,
We are open weekdays 7:30am-7:30pm and Saturdays 7:30am to 10:30pm.
Our brand-new facility offers:
- State of the art equipment
- 6 exam rooms, treatment area, surgery suite
- Affiliated boarding facility with both indoor and outdoor play
- Modern in-house laboratory capabilities for selected blood chemistries and
- Digital radiographs and ultrasounds
- Endoscopy, soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Alabama
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code
- Proficiency in surgery a plus
Veterinary Externship Program
Making the transition from veterinary student to working in a professional practice is a big
step. Through The MAC's DVM Externship Program, we’re here to support you as you move forward in your career.
As part of the professional veterinary curriculum, colleges encourage off-campus educational experiences in practices
outside of the teaching hospital. Practical experience in a well-run and contemporary practice can be a valuable component of your veterinary education, preparing you to deliver better care after
graduation. Our program is dedicated to contributing to your practice-readiness and to help you hit the ground running after graduation.
Participants in the Externship Program experience the typical caseload of a small animal practice. Externs are given the
opportunity to work alongside our veterinary team and are encouraged to participate in all aspects of patient care. Under the supervision of our doctors and in accordance with the state’s
practice act, you will gather histories, perform physical examinations, develop diagnostic and therapeutic plans, scrub in to surgery, assist in the management of medical cases, provide wellness
care, develop client communication skills as well as polish your clinical/technical skills.
Externships are flexible—they can range from two to eight weeks during the year, but are typically two or three weeks in
length. Your schedule will include days, evenings and weekends.
A weekly stipend will be provided, except where prohibited by school regulation.
- Be enrolled in an accredited DVM program.
- You are authorized to work in the United States.
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You must carry professional liability insurance. AVMA PLIT liability insurance is free for all student members of the
AVMA. You may apply for this coverage on their website. Please check to make sure your coverage is current and submit a certificate of coverage with your application.
To apply for this externship, please submit your resume to email@example.com along with the following information
- First & Last Name, Email Address and Phone Number
- Date you would like the externship to start (1st choice)?
- Date you would like the externship to start (2nd choice)?
- Expected graduation date from college of veterinary medicine?
- Please list any previous experience in veterinary medicine outside of your college
program. *Previous experience is not required for this externship.
- Please briefly explain what you hope to gain from this externship. Include any special areas of
- Please provide your desired hours per week.